It was a Monday and had the first appointment of the day for my then-weekly non-stress test. I was in the middle of my 34th week of pregnancy and still taking (really, what was I thinking??!) belly shots. This was the last belly shot before the big day..(just shy of 200lbs!)
Never did I think that I would be admitted to the hospital after that non-stress test! The doctors said, "Let's just monitor you and move up the scheduled c-section from Friday the 4th, to Wednesday the 2nd." Little did they know that the boys did NOT want to wait even that long!
Here I am on Monday, April 30th, 2007 in my (shared) hospital room thinking that I had to wait until Wednesday May 2nd to be a Mom....
Oh, but on the evening of May 1st, that water broke and the boys came quickly! Here I am minutes before they were born....
And now, I sit here a year later reflecting on my boys. How tiny and fragile they were when they were born. How I could hold them practically in the palm of my hand, all 3 pounds of them. How incredibly blessed we were when we knew they were healthy.
And now, how big they are. At what point did they stop being babies and start being little boys? I will miss things they used to do, like falling asleep in my arms and sitting 3 in a row playing with toys...but I am excited about the new things they are now doing...crawling, pulling up on furniture, cruising, and what they will do soon, like walking. Every day seems to bring more wonder as they discover something new or explore something different. Yes, the time really does go by fast....which is why it's just so great to say "We did it! We made it!" One year over. Absolutely amazing. Thank you to all our family and friends who have helped in so many countless ways. We couldn't (and we mean that sincerely!) have done it without you!
So let's all celebrate as May 1st is rapidly approaching...and three little boys are asleep right now resting up for their first birthday! Yippie!