Monday, June 4, 2007

Andrew and his tears...

Starting on Saturday, Andrew has been getting lots of yellow gunk in his eyes. When he sleeps it gets all crusty and it was pooling really fast in the corner of his eyes when he was awake. I called the doctor's office yesterday (Sunday) and the "advice nurse" on duty told me that it was probably blocked tear ducts. All yesterday afternoon and night I was massaging the corners of his eyes and using warm compresses to help ease the gunk out. I thought it was getting better but by this morning it was still pretty bad, so I had to make a doctor's appointment. It was his first "sick" doctor's appointment. The doctor told me that it was pretty common and gave me some drops. Even though he is not feeling that great, look how handsome he is!! (ps. they weighed him with his clothes on (usually they take them off for his official visits) and he was 7lbs, 3oz!! getting sooo big!)