Andrew was wide awake!
Dylan sleeps after his feeding
Here is the latest news on the boys! I just got back from the hospital to visit them today. They are all on the same general feeding schedule, which makes it a lot easier to come and visit and feed a few in one trip!
Danny: The top to his isolette was raised so that he could be without the warmer. They are trying to get him to regulate his body temperature. The nurses said that he didn't feed well yesterday so the feeding tube went back in. I had high hopes that when I fed him today he would eat a lot since I had fed him on Saturday morning before I left the hospital and he ate a record amount. Little Dan started out sucking away on the bottle, but got tired quickly and fell asleep. I had to feed the rest of his bottle to him through his tube while I held him close. He is a snuggler and loves to be held! Hopefully in the next couple feedings he'll feel like eating more on his own. He needs to be able to do that before he can come home.
Andrew: While I was feeding Danny, my mom fed Andrew. She said he ate like a champ and was wide awake staring at her while he ate. I went over to him next and he was still awake so I just held him for a while. He was so content I swear he was smiling at me! He too had his isolette opened up and was doing a great job of regulating him temp.
Dylan: One of the nurses fed Dylan while we were feeding the other two. He ate a lot (as usual we hear!) and was the only one of our three in an official open-crib. My mom went over to hold him after he ate while I held Andrew. By the time I got over to him, he was sleeping peacefully.
But the big news is... we might get to take Dyan AND Andrew home tomorrow (Tuesday!) While we were doing the feeding/snuggling the nurse practictioner told us that because Dylan & Andrew have consistenly been feeding well, gaining weight, and seem to be doing ok with their body temperatures, they might get released to us tomorrow!! I am beyond excited!! Tomorrow morning they do rounds at 9pm and the neonatologist in charge will examine them thoroughly and if they pass all their tests, they will call us and let us know to come get them!! We are expecting a call around 10:30 or 11:00am tomorrow to hear the news! It will all depend on how the do the rest of today and through the night. There is still a chance it might just be Dylan if Andrew needs 1 more day, since he is the one on the fence. But we'll see!!! Danny definitely needs some more time to get a little bigger and stronger. It will be hard to have his 2 brothers home and to leave him there, but we will be back to visit and to get him to eat, eat, eat!
All this news means we have a LOT to get ready tonight!!!!!!!!